The Church of the Incarnation is the third oldest worshipping Episcopal community in Atlanta. Between 1882 and 1892 regular Services were held at the Masonic Hall at Gordon and Lee streets. Services move to Ashby Street Presbyterian Chapel (later West End Presbyterian Church). Mrs. Mary J. Van Dyke donated the Lee Street lot where the original church building was located.
On April 30th 1896 the Right Reverend C. K. Nelson, Bishop of Georgia, opened the church for worship. Incarnation receive parish status on May 6th 1896. As West End became commercial and Cascade Heights developed into a prospering community, plans to move are considered, became a reality, and the church relocated to Cascade Heights, at the time very Suburban, before completion of the expressway system. First Services were held in the new church on August 24, 1958.
Incarnation has grown to be a parish continuously seeking the guidance of the Holy Spirit to strengthen its life together as a church, to guide its direction in mission in the name of Jesus Christ, and to renew itself as the people of God.