Health & Wellness
Incarnation is partnered with Fulton County's Partnership to Improve Community Health (PICH). PICH is an initiative funded by the CDC to promote and implement strategies for healthier living. Fulton County is one of 39 awardees throughout the country.
Our health & wellness program is intended to assist individuals with forming better habits to manage chronic diseases. It relies heavily on health providers and government partners to provide education and support programs to Incarnation members and the Southwest Atlanta community.
For more information, or if you would like to volunteer, contact Dr. Juaney Lynne-Rigsby.
Join a Group Today!
Sign up below or call 404-755-4636 to join one of our weekly exercise groups.
To improve or maintain the health and wellness of each member of Incarnation and to reach out to community members in close proximity of Incarnation to assist in improving and maintaining their health by providing education and support with the help of community partners.
sTRATEGY ONE: IMPROVE NUTRITION AND DIETS
- To provide education to all participants about nutrition and diet issues that will improve their health.
- Commit to being a leader, by providing appropriate nutritional snacks and meals at all church events.
- Provide education with selected speakers about what to eat and what to avoid. (PICH and others)
- Provide practical tips through demonstrations, and social media bulletin postings.(PICH and others)
STRATEGY two: get people moving
- To encourage all participants to walk or participate in some form of exercise daily.
- To encourage participants to make activities, rather than food, the center of celebrations.
- Develop community exercise groups to work out and support each other.
- Develop community walking groups to work out and support each other.(PICH)
- Train parish exercise leader. (PICH through AFAA, Arthritis source, CPR-AED)
- Provide yard signs and flyers within community to help forms groups.(PICH)
- Provide incentives for increased physical activities (PICH and UGA)
STRATEGY THREE: ASSIST PARTICIPANTS IN MANAGING CHRONIC ILLNESS
- To provide education to all participants with chronic diseases (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, Lupus, CHF,) that will assist them in living a long, full and productive life.
- Speakers (Cooking Matters, Choices, PICH)
- Support groups or networks.
STRATEGY FOUR: HELP CAREGIVERS TO SURVIVE AND THRIVE
- Provide education and support to keep caregivers healthy and connected to the church.
- Activities: Speakers and social media postings. (PICH)
STRATEGY FIVE: WIPE OUT TOBACCO USE
- Establish Incarnation as a smoke free environment.
- No smoking signage and posters on campus. (PICH)
- Flyers about the “dangers of smoking” (PICH)
STRATEGY SIX: Promote HEALTH REGULAR SCREENING
- Encourage members and the community to take all screening tests available to detect illnesses earlier. (PICH, WELLSTAR AND OTHER)